Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light Leaking, is there no LightVolume Inclusive Alternative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Leaking, is there no LightVolume Inclusive Alternative?

As you can see in this video, light is leaking out, I'm just a noob so I am unsure why (dont let my forum join date fool you, I only just started tutorials a week ago). Anyway, I was watching a 3d buzz tutorial and couldn't figure out an alternative to the Light Volume which would restrict light from going outside the lightvolume box. I did a search and noticed that someone mentioned it already, that it was removed several versions ago, someone suggested "light channels" which, I can't see how that would help in my case.

The light that you see leaking is from a surface with the "Use Emissive for Static Lighting" enabled. Is there a way I can restrict it from influencing outside bounds that I don't want it to? Ultimately what was removed with the "LightVolume" thing would be easiest in my opinion, is there an alternative that can serve the same function in a similar way?

Do you have anything plugged into its emissive channel in its material? If not you don't need that on.

About the channels, you could use a separate light to light just the trouble spot and use a separate channel for both the light and that object, and make sure the radius of the light doesn't extend out past where you want it to go. I've had that problem before and it's because of the light radius being too large.

Comment

Originally posted by JessieG View Post
      Do you have anything plugged into its emissive channel in its material? If not you don't need that on.

About the channels, you could use a separate light to light just the trouble spot and use a separate channel for both the light and that object, and make sure the radius of the light doesn't extend out past where you want it to go. I've had that problem before and it's because of the light radius being too large.
      Hi JessieG, thank you for your quick reply. You're right I don't need to use the emissive to light, so instead I did as you suggest and used a separate light, problem fixed

Comment

Working...
      X