Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help regarding wind Actor

hello, this is my first post
    i have created a terrain and a BSP brush and input a material i made on photoshop , i added trees , speed trees and other foliages on my terrain layer as well as on the BSP brush using MESH MODE ( ie ALT + S + mouse click ) and randomly placed it on my scene.I used mesh mode because foliage volume has somehow vanished in udk 2011 july version.till now results have been good

But the problem is that when i input a directional wind actor , all my foliage , trees , speed trees seem to be moving smoothly but the 'grassClump' mesh(which is there by default in udk foliage package) moves UP and DOWN ie it grows in size and the next second it goes small, very unrealistic movement.

Ne idea on what is happening here ?

the Wind actor does nothing on its own. foliage, speed trees and such have its own wind variables
    you'd need some knowledge of programming to tie the two together
    the grass mesh moving up and down is a known bug brought by the new foliage system, and I haven't heard of any fixes yet

Comment

well the problem only seems to be with the "Grass Clump" mesh in foliage package which seems to be moving up and down .As of now i reduced the wind strength and speed and deleted those grass clump meshes. Hope it gets fixed soon , thanks for the help

Comment

You can also make your own grass (hand drawn) in speedtree.

Comment

Originally posted by Misja Camfferman View Post
          You can also make your own grass (hand drawn) in speedtree.

is speedGrass a free software like speedtree??

Comment

the grass clumps up and down because it has some wind-like movement inside its material, which, if used with Foliage, produces errors. if you edit the material and remove everything that's connected to WorldPositionOffset you'll get rid of the jumping (but you won't see wind blowing through your grass at all)

supposedly, SpeedGrass is included with SpeedTree, but I found no trace of it. in the current version though you can't use SpeedTrees on Foliage so for now it's not a good idea to have your grass be a SpeedTree anyway

Comment

Working...
            X