Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Particle spawn rotation?

Hi

I was wondering if there is a way to rotate, pitch or angle a particle emitter, like a Cylinder or a Sphere parameter in somewhat 3D motion.

I only found a way to change it's direction, but only by 90°. I need a slight pitch.

Thank you very much in advice.

where u want it...... editor, cascade, script?

Comment

Cascade.

It'll be used as a weapon's fire FX.

Comment

if u r using a sprite base particle system....u need to do it in the material itself(acc. to my knowledge). because the base sprite sheets are always facing the camera (there is setting to change)....u can only control rotation rate but not rotation.

try to do it in material... because i tried the rotation it doesn't work for me.

you can also check the particle system of link gun.... it can found in the content browser

Comment

I am not exactly sure what you mean but if you set up the cascade emitter as a mesh effect (which is common for muzzle flashes) you can add a rotation module and set up the angle that way. If you want the particle to rotate based on velocity you can set the screen alignment to velocity under the 'required' module.

Comment

Working...
          X