Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Player Camera Fade to White & Reset Level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Player Camera Fade to White & Reset Level?

I just want the player's camera to fade to white and then have the level reset w/ the player respawned. I've tried using a trigger to activate the camera fade kismet option, and it registers that it was triggered but the camera doesn't fade... confused?

Appreciate any help.

Matinee sort of works but it fades to black, I don't see any way of switch the fade to white via matinee + camera.

Comment

The matinee fade to black works great. I've never had any success with the kismet fade node. Unless someone does know a solution, you could either fade to white using a flare particle that encompasses the player's view OR you could do it with a post processing material.

Comment

Yeah it looks so helpful, in theory and then it doesn't do anything, bummer that.

I see a post processing volume but I have no clue what to do with it. That would be able to create a effect at was sort of like a fade to white? How would I modify it's settings to allow this? Can it be triggers via a variable in Kismet?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

If you search "console" in the Content Browses, you can find the default post processing chain. In short, you can make your own version of this with material that includes a parameter which you can active via kismet.

It's up to you to figure out how all that works as it's too complicated to simply write out. I set this up for my last project, and it was pretty easy to figure out so I'm sure you can do too.

Comment

Alright, thanks for pointing me in a direction. Will post updates later tonight.

Comment

Working...
            X