Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Make Inside and Outside walls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks, man. You solved my problem! I was up 'till 2:00am trying to work around my mess, but now everything's clear. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't extrude from a cylinder, if you're doing what I think you're doing it will cause a crapload of problems. Use the "Hollow" attribute when defining your cylinder brush (right-clicking on the cylinder tool), it'll make a hollow cylindrical wall for you.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic How Do You Make Inside and Outside walls?

How Do You Make Inside and Outside walls?

Hi, I'm trying to make a circular room with inside and outside walls painted over with materials. However, I can't seem to generate more than one wall (outside or inside). I tried flipping the geometry after pasting a material over the outside, but that didn't work.

UPDATE:

I didn't add any thickness to the geometry at all, which I now realize will pose a problem of its own. I have since made the walls thick by extruding the faces, but I also have another problem. the corners of my walls were oddly positioned so that they created narrow "openings". I fixed this by welding edges together, but when I clicked "optimize" in geometry mode, not all of the triangles went away. This is seriously messing up my wall material. Can you help me get rid of these triangles or find some way around them? thanks.

-By the way, if it helps, I used the cylinder tool to carve out the circular shape of the room and then modified it.
Working...
X