Problems with Cloth Sims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Cloth Sims

I've been working on a Carnival type environment and am currently working on the entryway to it. I have 9 flags strewn across the top of the entry way, all using cloth. I have the winds for all of them set to 80 in the x direction. When I right click in Editor and choose "Play from here" all the flags look great. They wave about and do what I want with no problems. The problem arises when I choose "Start This Level on PC" at the top of the editor. The level loads fine, but a few of the flags wave barely any, and are mostly stuck to the pole of the flag, wiggling around like a glitched body stuck in a wall or something. The rest of the flags don't move at all. Is there something I may have messed up in the settings of the flags or could it simply be a case of too many cloth sims at one time on the screen?

Bump. I tried messing with some settings and added a physical material in hopes it will help. No luck. I'll post videos of what's going on when my Internet comes back from the major storms we got in my area.

Comment

AHA! Problem solved. Turns out there were a few check boxes for collisions/physics assets that I didn't have on. I did run into a wired bug where all of the flags except one worked. I deleted the non working one and just duplicated a working one with alt+drag but even the duplicate didn't move or wave. I changed the wind speed really high and it worked, then I lowered it back where it was and it continued to work. It was like the properties weren't updating until I made a drastic change to one of them. Very odd, but all is resolved!

Comment

Working...
      X