Problem with Meshes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Meshes

In latest version of UDK i put 2 meshes in level,one from mobile folder and another one from other folders.when i start play,player can go over the mesh(mesh from mobile folder),it seems that nothing exist there but it's not happen for the other one!!whats diffrent between this 2 meshes?!

somebody?anybody?no one know it?!!!

Comment

One has a collision model, the other doesnt. Either generate one for it which i dont really advise, or simply create a blocking volume around it.

Comment

I test block and it work!Thanks
        how can i generating collision?

Comment

Right click the object in-scene, and press find in content browser. Double click the object in content browser. Open the collision tab, and select from 6-DOP (simple collision) to auto convex collision (complex collision)

Comment

Originally posted by EM17CH View Post
            Right click the object in-scene, and press find in content browser. Double click the object in content browser. Open the collision tab, and select from 6-DOP (simple collision) to auto convex collision (complex collision)
            It's work,but if my model have a curve sides it's not useable,what should i do for models with curve sides?

Comment

You can place the model inside the level and use the builder brush to build a collision model around it and then convert the brush into the model's collision from the right click menu on the model.

Comment

Originally posted by obihb View Post
                You can place the model inside the level and use the builder brush to build a collision model around it and then convert the brush into the model's collision from the right click menu on the model.
                try it but it make cube and i should make a model form with it!it's hard for complex models like a bulldings,isn't it?

Comment

You need to use the builder brush itself.. (the red brush).. and convert that to collision. I mean, you shape it into the collision shape you want and then convert it. Otherwise, yes, it will just be the default cube you start with.

If you're gonna do collision models inside UDK then it's gonna be generally harder yes since it's not optimal for modelling. Otherwise build it inside a modelling package where you created your model.

So, there are methods inside UDK to make collision but it's not optimal for efficiency unless you can get away with the auto generated models. In many cases that is possible but in many more it is not.

Comment

You need to use the builder brush itself.. (the red brush).. and convert that to collision. I mean, you shape it into the collision shape you want and then convert it. Otherwise, yes, it will just be the default cube you start with.

If you're gonna do collision models inside UDK then it's gonna be generally harder yes since it's not optimal for modelling. Otherwise build it inside a modelling package where you created your model.

So, there are methods inside UDK to make collision but it's not optimal for efficiency unless you can get away with the auto generated models. In many cases that is possible but in many more it is not.
                    Thanks,i guess is better done in 3d packages before udk!

just a new problem
                    i put this trees with wind actor but wind dose not work for one of them!what's diffrent between this 2 meshes?!

Comment

Is one a static mesh?

Comment

The wind interactions on the trees are set up inside the material with a vertex shader.

Comment

One is probably a static mesh, while the other is a speedtree. Please look at the object type before you ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
                            One is probably a static mesh, while the other is a speedtree. Please look at the object type before you ask.
                            Originally posted by skwisdemon666 View Post
                            Is one a static mesh?
                            Both of them are static mesh!

The wind interactions on the trees are set up inside the material with a vertex shader.
                            i check both materials,one of them is instance material and other one is general material!it can be a reason?

Comment

If you follow the instance material to it's actual base material then you'll see the full setup in there. The instance merely expose some parameters that you can tweak but the base material will show the full setup required for the effects.

Comment

Working...
                              X