Matinee Pause having an unexpected result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matinee Pause having an unexpected result

I have a button that rotates a disc 45 degree increments in one direction or another. An event track at each 45 degree position in kismet is linked to the pause of the Matinee. I have another button that when pushed goes into the reverse Matinee input. Everything is going according to plan. I push one button and it goes forward and pauses. I push another button and it goes backwards and then pauses. The problem is when I switch directions, it plays the current pause it is on instead of just continuing to the next pause point so the user has to hit the button twice to switch directions. Any ideas of a work around to this?

Hopefully this picture can explain things a little more clearly. Perhaps I am taking the wrong route with what I want to do, this just seemed the most obvious way to me.

Comment

Try connecting trigger 5 to the change direction node as well as reverse.
      Team13

Comment

Thanks for the advice, but I gave it a shot and still had the same result. I have to push the trigger twice for the rotation to actually change direction. I have dug through every possible menu I know of and no luck. It might be out of my grasp and only possible with coding.

Comment

I remember something like this happening on a sequence I tried a while back. I think... if I remember correctly... I solved it by splitting the event to automatically run it again after a split second delay. If that makes sense.

So your button hooks up to a delay and to play. The delay has a 0.1 or whatever delay on it which would cause the play to play again.

I didn't do this for a long time so I can't remember all the stuff involved but maybe it gets you on the right track?.. or maybe not...

Comment

Thanks a lot obihb,
            It was not a hard fix once you put me on the track. I had to add a compare bool to get it to work with my puzzle, but it works perfectly now. Hope this pic is clear enough to help others.

Comment

I had this exact problem. You can fix it with 2 gates which is a bit verbose, or you can make the animation itself only 45 degrees (instead of 360 with pauses). Then tick "No reset on rewind" in the Matinee's properties within Kismet.

That'll make it play or reverse from wherever it stopped.

NB. This ONLY works if the rotation never changes (in your case: it's always 45 degrees).

Comment

BellBird Creative,
                That is so simple I never would have found it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by britishnewt View Post
                  BellBird Creative,
                  That is so simple I never would have found it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Comment

Working...
                  X