Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to add a sunlight?

hi friends!
    i just wanted to know how to add a sunlight in UDK like that one in the New version of UDK example?

Follow 3dbrush's tut...

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=802394

Comment

open your content browser -> click on actor classes tab -> select and click the + sign next to lights -> Select Dominant directional light -> drag it to your scene.

U can then adjust the brightness, the rotation or the color of tht light.

ALternatively u can right click anywhere in your scene, select add actor, select dominant directional light

Comment

yeah thanks friends but how to add and effect on light like and and line of line come towards me when i look at it from an tree and the lights hits the Foliage leaf like the one in crysis 2 i hope i explain good
        can anyone help me?

Comment

To make the light hit your eye, you need to add a lens flare. In your content browser you can search for a lens flare and place it in your level matching with the direction of your shadows... also u can scale it or increase its radius in the lens flare properties (select the lens flare and hit F4). To make it reflect on your trees and leaves, if the textures of the trees and leaves have a normal map with it then it should react to light. or u can go to photoshop and use the nvdia normal map filter to create a normal map. and add it to your normal node in the materials editor. but i think it will reflect by default. u can go try it out.

Now if you are wanting to make a dynamic sky with a full day and night circle then I suggest u go to this link and check out the tutorials http://www.facebook.com/3DBrushwork. That should help you out. all the best mate!

Comment

i want that my light be like this pics:
            [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

You need to tick the 'Render Light Shafts' tick box in the Light Component properties of your Dominant Directional Light.

Comment

yeah and mostly you have to play around with the rotation of the dominant light in all the three axes to get d desired result.

These are an example of what I could get

But I am sure UE3 is capable of much more!

Comment

Working...
                X