Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self Contained Lighting now missing from streamed levels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Contained Lighting now missing from streamed levels?

hey epic.

we had been using the *make lighting selfcontained* option in streaming levels in order to reuse the same level in more than one map.

i cant find that any more. did it get moved? is there now another way to make levels selfcontained?

bumpetty bump bump bump

Comment

bUUUhhhhmmpp.

seriously, does nobody have anything to say on this issue? it could be quite critical to us if we have to start copying sublevels and using duplicates everywhere theyre required. it would pretty much kill our method of having identical areas present in many different maps due to the huge bloat

Comment

What do you want to do? Do you want to stream in the same sublevel on different Persistent maps? I mean, you know how to stream levels, no? So then you would just need to add a Streaming Volume in whatever map you want and assign the sublevel to it...

Or do you mean just the levels lighting? So you want the lighting of the sublevel to be the same, no matter when or where you stream it in? Then you'd have to build your persistent level's lighting and again build the sublevel's lighting afterwards..Or do you mean the lighting of the level should be like in the persistent level, and the persistent levels have very different light settings so the sublevel wouldn't fit in anymore? Then I don't know because technically it wouldn't be possible with lightmass as you'd need to have multiple lightmass renders for one sublevel.

Comment

our system for having spaceship internal maps relies on being able to reuse streamed levels in different *hub* maps. it worked in ut3 where there was the option to have levels flagged as *self contained lighting* - where the lighting would not be considered to be Unbuilt , and would not affect the status of the lighting build in the hub map or any other maps (giving the LIGHTING NEEDS TO BE REBUILT message)

one of our guys has found a way to turn the warning off, dunno yet whether this will be sufficient.

Comment

I'm looking for that as well! However, if the "Lighting needs to be rebuilt" warning stays gray, I believe that means there isn't a performance impact and is just a notice. When it turns red, there's a lighting inefficiency. At least that's what I THINK is going on.

Comment

bump... Have u found a workaround for this.

Comment

Working...
              X