Exporting UVW's from 3ds Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'm curious, when you textured said mesh in 3DS, did you use multiple Material IDs?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Harlsberg View Post
    ah I see, thankyou for the replies but the tutorial that was posted didnt help because they appear to have already created the tv's UVW. I understand how to import models and textures into UDK, its just that say you made a model and textured it in 3ds max, how do you then create the UVW, and normal maps into a .jpg (if that is how it is done?) so that it can be imported into UDK like in the tutorial?
    The UVW layout would be done in max, you can save an image of your UVWs using the Unwrap UVW modifier and under Tools, Render UVW Template...somehow though I don't think that's what you're after. I wouldn't save anything as a .jpg you should save your textures as targas before merging them into UDK. Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ah I see, thankyou for the replies but the tutorial that was posted didnt help because they appear to have already created the tv's UVW. I understand how to import models and textures into UDK, its just that say you made a model and textured it in 3ds max, how do you then create the UVW, and normal maps into a .jpg (if that is how it is done?) so that it can be imported into UDK like in the tutorial?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This may help you out a bit. There are other tutorials there as well to help with getting stuff into UDK.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can't bring the texture as a part of the model. UVWs are not textures. UVWs is the information the model uses to apply the texture to the model. Those however are a part of the model.

To get textures into UDK, you need to import them seperately and make a material, then apply that material to the model.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Exporting UVW's from 3ds Max

Exporting UVW's from 3ds Max

I am trying to make some custom game assets for my level using 3ds Max, however I cannot figure out how to export my objects UVW's. I am having no problem exporting my objects as a .ase file and then importing that into UDK, but I cant figure out how to bring the texture with it. Does anyone know where a good tutorial for this is? so far it is my understanding that I must pack and sort the geometry on the UV and export as image file, but how do I do this?
Working...
X