need help on lightmass please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help on lightmass please

never used lightmass since it was released.iwas afraid of the baking times.and now im having problems...

Ihave an Frostbite 2.0 engine shot:

now iwant to make the same in UDK:[IMG][/IMG]
    i recrated th map from frostbite Demo(iknow iforgot the lockers and didnt make custom barrels)anyway. i cant make lightmass to do that..can you point me on some useful setting please .thanks

p.s.ialso have another problem.where the light fals on the wall there should be the sharp lighting thingie like in frost bite...ihave it without lightmass but when i bake with lightmass i miss it why?

Well first you turn a cube into a lightmass box arround your map.
    Then you fiddle arround in the world propperties.
    But i don't see any shadow on the floor at all so im wondering are you sure your models are good?

Comment

yea i sure..but is there shadow in the frostbite image? idont see any so i turned cast shadows off in the two pint lights..

Comment

Em? if you don't see shadow in the frostbite image then i would get your eyes checked!

No seriously! There is allot of shadow in the frostbite image, why would you turn cast shadow off? That way you will never get the same effect because the shadow is what makes it look the way you want it.
        What i see in your picture is just an unlit map with no shadows.

The thing with lightmass is that it gives you higher quality light AND SHADOWS.
        So if you turn off the shadows then there is no point using lightmass.

Comment

lol.ok xD ichanged it..i enabled cast shadows and tweaked the lightmass so now the radiosity and color bleeding looks better but after deselecting the light and compiling lightmass all the shadows gone..why?.wait il reupload..

Comment

allright ill have to see the screenshot first but just a thought, perhaps you have your editor on unlit mode?

Comment

updated..but its still sucks!

Comment

xDD im not
                a super noob..its on Lit.i also wrote some hlsl shaders..

Comment

Can you perhaps gimme the map and the package? Just so i can see whats wrong?

Comment

ahh man its a long setup...

Comment

why is it so bright

you can also play with reducing how many bounces the light will go

Comment

Working...
                      X