UDK platform game requirements!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK platform game requirements!

Hi! I have been searching for a week now (without success) for somethings I need for my UDK platform game. I really need to: 1: Change the Jumpz. 2: have some kind of a point pickup system (like in mario or crash bandicoot (coins and apples)) and 3: I need some kind of "game over system" where I either win or loose the level".

I know that there are some tutorials about this but I find them either to old for my version (3d buzz) or that they're simply nowhere to be found!

I ask of you guys to help in anyway possible, either if it's liks to good tutorials or answers here (rather detailed if it concerns coding cause I have no experience in that yet).

Thanks in advance!

PS. If it requires scripting to accomplish these things, I really would like to get some help on just how to begin scripting, from absolute scratch, because I have no idea where to start.

Hmm i ones made this all with kisment also had a collectable system.
    Long time ago though, i don't have a clue about scripting.
    I'm more into level design, 3d and texturing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_WKx770cU0

Comment

1: Just find the JumpZ in the defaultproperties of your pawn and change it.
      2: Declare a new int variable, make an actor, make a touch function on that actor, make that touch function add 1 to the variable. (Unrealscript)
      3: Depends entirely on what you need.

Comment

Ok! But on 1 and 2 I still doesn't understand much of what you wrote, I mean I surely will but where do I begin? Is there some tutorial that shows me exactly how to do it from scratch?

And 3, well just a screen that says game over, mabye a text but I would prefer a cinematic of some form. I would have used UI scenes but they removed that I heard? So what do I use instead?

Comment

For the coin collection, I would suggest doing this (in Kismet):
          -place the 'coin' in the level
          -double click on the object in the editor, this will open up the properties for the object.
          -change its collision type to no collision
          -Place a trigger directly under the coin (Im not looking at UDK at the moment so I cant recall if trigger is under Actor Classes or in the right click menu, but it's not too hard to find)
          -with the trigger still selected, go into Kismet, and (right click) and create a new event using the trigger. basically from here. Select the coin, and use the same process to create a variable for it in Kismet. From the right-click menu, create a new player variable. Create another variable in Kismet (there should be an option for int or integer) to be the counter. There is also a destroy object and Set Variable action in Kismet that you'll need, but again, I'm not looking at Kismet right now, so you'll have to do some searching. Once you have all of that, you'll have to connect them in such a way that when the player touches the trigger, it destroys the coin in the scene, and adds 1 to the total count.

To change the settings for your pawn like Graylord said, I believe you just double click on the object in either the Content Browser or in the scene.

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks! Ill see if it will work! The goal is of course to in some form display your points at the end of the end of the level but thats another problem.

Comment

No prob, let me know if that works for you

Comment

Originally posted by Coolatan View Post
                crash bandicoot (coins and apples))
                Wumpa fruit. Blasphemer.

Comment

I know it's bloody wumpa fruit! I just didn't think that most people knew.

Comment

Working...
                  X