Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Particle System Help

Hi,
    I'm trying to get my particle system working in game and when I run the game, my particle system doesn't appear like it should. In the Editor and in Cascade the particle system looks fine, but when I run the game, it looks like the velocity doesn't work like it should. I have some screenshots...

This is the particle system as it appears in the Editor

This is the particle system as it appears when running the game

Here a link to the package and map file. I would greatly appreciate any assistance!

http://thepostfuturist.com/spusk/unr...d/flameSeq_02/

I'm still having this issue. Does anyone have any ideas? I greatly appreciate any help.

Comment

Your Velocity/life curve values are a little weird and that is what is causing your problem. You have the first point's InVal at 0.2 and the second point at 0.0. I'm not sure exactly what effect you are going for, but the InVals of the points should be in order from lowest to highest. I think if you fix those, you will see better results in-game.

Comment

I can't believe I forgot to mention that. The effect that I'm going for is a flame thrower effect to be used on the tip of a flamethrower weapon.

Comment

The velocity/life lacked a linear connection, and that did seem to have solved the majority of the problem. However, there is a discrepancy between the viewport and game mode - specifically when it comes to velocity. In this example the viewport looks better than the actual game. @ffejnosliw: Is this to be expected?

Comment

I myself actually have a question regarding the positioning of the flamethrower.

It seems that the particle system for a weapon needs to be directed in the negative Y, I believe. It there an easier way to reorient the particle system without changing the coordinates in cascade, to make it fire straight?

Comment

Working...
            X