Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mesh renders full black after building all.? any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by apexdestruct View Post
    thanx for all the help people,i found a possible solution to this thing.
    Care to share? Im thinking of using sketchup as a source for models someday

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanx for all the help people,i found a possible solution to this thing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you setup the lightmass UV? And what are you exporting from sketchup? How many materials are assigned to the model?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes i did but no use man.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have you saved your packages in content browser?

Leave a comment:

• My mesh renders full black after building all.? any ideas?

sketchup to max to udk workflow? does work! but does not accept lights? why?

yes it does work,modelling in sketchup,saving it as .skp.Opening max,opening the .skp file then cleaning it,smoothing edges,uw mapping it then exporting as .ase done..

and then again importing from content browser in udk and can apply further materials to it if i want to,applying collision,
    scaling everything seems good

when setting up lights in udk,it renders really nice in viewport,everything is really cool until

then when it finishes building lighting/maps/geometry/etc etc (UDK)
    the resulting mesh is totally black and when you play it you get a totally black mesh.The model works just super fine.Even the collisions too and the materials are even there but you cant make it to accept the lights all around;you can see the perfect mesh whenever you shoot it with the default beam gun..

however if i model the house in max then export it directly to udk,everything seems to work great

but the problem is that you dont get the sketchup made models to light up in UDK?

Btw when creating the models in the first place in Sketchup,i had to invert/reverse faces of each of them so that it does not cause problems during the export..i wonder if that's causing it? too

help wanted people :-) and thanx a lot for reading.
Working...
X