Static mesh mountains or terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static mesh mountains or terrain

As I begin building a ton of terrain for a MMO im starting to work on, is it fine to use the terrain editor for a large portion of the mountain constrution or better to use static meshes for them. Noting these mountains will be a large amount of playable area for the game. Not just a backdrop.

I'm not sure, i think useing a static mesh might be nicer of your PC. but i would just use the terrain editor and get good detail out of it.

Comment

Use Landscape for the basic shapes then use progerssivly smaller static meshes to do the more complex parts. just make sure that it look like the meshes actually belong there.

Comment

Yeah that is what I was thinking rough out the shapes with the terrain editor, get my general landscape, then come back and fill in anything half way complex with a static mesh.

Just wanted to make sure it wasn't necessary to build whole mountain ranges out of static messhes as that would take a life time, and well void off the terrain editor almost in some parts.

Comment

Working...
        X