Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow Problem

Hi Folks
    I have problem with shadows casted in my scene.
    I show you simple example, for the dominant directional light the shadow should be sharp but instead i get this :

Help please

Increase the lightmap resolution of the surface where the shadow falls.

Comment

When i increase the lightmap size the after baking the shadows dissapears in total.

I have found out that i can get pretty nice shadow using dynamic shadow and converting mesh to mover. But what about the static shadow??
      ////////////edit
      Wierd thing it started to working when i DECREASE the lightmap size was 32 by default on 8 is quite ok and on 4 the shadow is all i need . what is going on ?=

Comment

Originally posted by smallbit View Post
        When i increase the lightmap size the after baking the shadows dissapears in total.

I have found out that i can get pretty nice shadow using dynamic shadow and converting mesh to mover. But what about the static shadow??
        ////////////edit
        Wierd thing it started to working when i DECREASE the lightmap size was 32 by default on 8 is quite ok and on 4 the shadow is all i need . what is going on ?=
        I didn't say increase the number, I said increase the resolution. The number you changed means "unreal units per lightmap texel", therefore smaller number means higher resolution. That's how it works for BSP surfaces.

Comment

Ok now i get it, thank you very much for your time Jaarjestelman valvoja !

Comment

Working...
          X