Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSP Lightmap issue

Hi,
    I'm trying to make a pretty looking blockmesh and I run into issues with lighting. I'm using the June beta and the night map template. When lighting multiple BSP surfaces with the same light, I end up with 2 different lighting values. The light map resolution is the same resolution on both surfaces, but the light maps are not aligned which I believe causes this artifact. Has any one experienced this with BSP? How can I light my BSP to not have these weird artifacts? Please see screen shots below.

Texture is aligned, the lighting artifact / seam is visible.

Same light and surfaces with the "Lighting and Texel Density" view. See how the light map is the same resolution (32), but they don't line up?

Did you build lighting with production settings?

Comment

I just did and it got rid of this artifact on the surfaces affected by the dominant directional light (Exterior). However, in this interior, the light map generated by this regular point light, still causes this artifact.

Comment

Doesn't look to be the same lightmap resolution to me... At the top near the S in your spotlight, the horizontal lines are nearly lined up where at the bottom it's totally off. The right side squares appear to be larger.

But anyways, that still doesnt explain why the left half is darker. Very odd. Have you tried to increase the radius a bit and reduce the brightness? Wondering if the current radius = the height of the light which puts that left half into the fall-off zone.

Comment

32 isn't the best resolution if you don't want seams. Put it to 8.

Comment

Why not just use one bsp brush for that floor?

Comment

Working...
            X