Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can several people work on same project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can several people work on same project?

Within the project, one can create folders for each member of the team. Once static mesh, or texture is imported and placeholder is made, those meshes and texture can be updated over the old one by re-importing them with same name. So, the level can “develop” with more detail as people work on it.

But how do you integrate the folders and its use in the level updated as a whole? Right now project one create is listed under DUK / UDK-2011-01 / UDKGame / Content / Maps /. Project file is a single file with no folders under it. It cant be updated by dropping a file in there.

If I understand you correctly, you can create a "Persistent" map file that has "child" map files underneath it. People can work on the same environment at the same time, by each working in their own child map.

To set this up, open a blank map, open the content browser, select the Levels tab and on the Level menu, you can choose to add an exiting map, or create a blank child map and add stuff to it.

Comment

Thanks I will experiment will Level and child thing. I tried to find the description in Unreal Editor web site without success.

Comment

Working...
      X