2 sided terrain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 sided terrain?

Is it possible to make terrain 2 sided, or at least block light from the back of its polies?

I have a day and night system where a directional light is rotating 360 degrees around it's own axis to make the sunlight. However, when the light comes from underneath the terrain, the light goes through, lighting up objects when it should have been night.

Enabling 2 sided lighting on the terrain didn't do it. I guess it's function is to make the lighting the same on each side if it is already 2 sided.

While we are talking about 2 sided and lights, I have a plane mesh that uses a 2 sided material, but it seems to recieve twice the amount of light because of it.
    Any suggestions?

Surely pretty much everyone who has used a day & night system has encountered this?

Comment

is there not some kind of light blocking volume or something?
      or even a bsp under the terrain would do it.

Comment

I have made a mountainrange on the sides to keep the player away from the edge of the map. Shaping a BSP to fit with that is not feasible.

Comment

Just turn the light off before it hits the horizon. You can even alter the light and make it come back up again as the moon.

Comment

The sun does shut off during the night.
            But as I said, the edges of the map are mountainranges, there is no even horizon. During the dawn, the sun can both be behind the terrain and in plain view, depending on the players position.

Comment

Working...
            X