Converting Terrain to Landscape - Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting Terrain to Landscape - Error

Quick issue. I finally just upgraded a project from September-2010 UDK to the new May-2011 UDK. I want to convert an old terrain to a new landscape but I am getting this error and trying to find out the quickest fix:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Lands...0a%20Landscape

Comment

As far as I can see that only reiterates the problem I have, not the quickest way to make it convert-friendly.

Comment

You need to change the MaxComponentSize of the Terrain to be a value that is a multiple of a power-of-two minus 1. So take the powers of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16), subtract 1 from those (1, 3, 7, 15), and then the MaxComponentSize must be a multiple (1x, 2x, or 3x) of one of those values (1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 14, 15, 21, 30, 45).

Comment

Originally posted by Praz View Post
          As far as I can see that only reiterates the problem I have, not the quickest way to make it convert-friendly.
          I was able to get it by setting Max Component to 15, then setting Max Tessellation to 1, only then will it let me change Numpatches X/Y (both to 510(15*34)). Its converting now.

Comment

Originally posted by neurosys View Post
            I was able to get it by setting Max Component to 15, then setting Max Tessellation to 1, only then will it let me change Numpatches X/Y (both to 510(15*34)). Its converting now.
            Thanks for this. Was having the same problem and couldn't figure out why I couldn't convert my terrain.

Comment

Working...
            X