height fog problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

height fog problem

so I have put two height fogs into my level that I am making and in the editor they look and work fine. when I play in the game it goes weird and it shows the black empty part.

what build of udk are you using? When in doubt especially if its something that seems broken just download a newer build and try it on there. Sorry its the only advice i can give you on something like this.

Comment

ok thanks I'll try that

Comment

I just intalled the latest version of udk and the problem still is there. Any other ideas... anyone?

Comment

what are the settings on your height fogs? Just so i can try and replicate the problem.

Comment

I think I've seen this somewhere else.

It's something to do with the fog settings and empty space. A simple way to fix this is to make the sky mesh a sphere or duplicating the original and rotating it 180 under the first.

Comment

There should be a basic sphere skybox mesh that comes with UDK, just search sky under static mesh and look for the sphere. That should fix ya right up.

Comment

Are you using a full sphere from a modeling program, or did you cut it in half just for the top section when you did your skybox?

Comment

Working...
                X