Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Material Counter Problem

Hi,

I have been following the old 3D Buzz materials on creating a material counter (http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_showvideo.php?v=77)

The basic idea is so I can add a digital minute counter to my level in the form of a material. This increments via a 3 part masked single material that flickers across with the combination of a floor expression and a scalar parameter; so I can talk to it via a Kismet Matinee sequence.

So far, I have tested the scalar increments via a 'materialinstanceconstant', and they increment fine. However, as soon as I plug the material instance into Matinee using a float material parameter it just doesn't do anything.

Matinee Sequence

I have checked the parameter names and they match the material's, and the material's scalar values do change the material. So it must be the Matinee sequence, but I can't figure out what's wrong.

Any ideas? Has there been any feature removals within the Matinee in coherence with materials?

Thanks in advance,

Lee.

This should have probably gone in the Programming & Unrealscript forums.

Apologies if that was the case.

Comment

Don't worry, I've figured it out now.

For those who didn't know, you can't apply material scalar configurers through a BSP when using Matinee, it has to be a static mesh.

Comment

Working...
      X