How to do a neutral flag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to do a neutral flag?

How would one go about making a game mode in which both teams try to take a neutral flag in the center of the map and return it to their base?

I figure this would be a rather expansive topic to cover, but I have searched for a tutorial, but I have had no luck and now I am turning to the Epic Games Forums for help.

Any ideas?

Comment

Maybe try to recode a 3rd team flag (Green flag), and apply a different texture to it, so it is a gray flag. Sorry, I am also new to UDK, but I think this may work, since there are 4 teams for UDK to start with. Red, Blue, Green, and I believe Yellow.

Comment

You are expecting someone to just throw all the details at you? Without any work from yourself involved?
        It takes a lot of time and thinking to create more complex gametypes than simple deathmatch and most people are clever enough to not lower the value of their work and effort by handing the code to everyone so that it gets inflationary used in a lot of games.

Tutorials are only supposed to teach you a specific aspect so that you know the foundations to create exactly what fits your needs. They are not a copy-paste wall.

Best would be if you take a look at the CTF-related classes and see how the scoring and flag carrying is handled, then disable the ability to pick up flags at the base and only allow scoring with the new neutral flag that is spawned at a new flag base class in the center.

Comment

Working...
        X