Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Weapon Hit Effects Material?

Youtube Video

This video isn't mine. Someone posted it about two years ago but doesn't look like they're active any more. I'm just wondering how something like this would be possible inside UDK?

The author says "This is an energy field effect which responds when shot with an ring of light which mirrors the material of the shield, this allows the hit effect and the shader for the surface to match each other." but that doesn't tell me too much.

This is what I have so far (My Video), but I would like some kind of "hit effects" if possible. If anyone has any ideas, would be very helpful. I can get the exploded location/vector from the incoming projectiles, but I can't actually effect my material dynamically, can I? Though it looks like that's what he's doing.

Plus one here...I have been trying to create such an effect for a couple of days now, to no avail.

Comment

Someone released a tutorial on this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VozAvdeY8eA

Comment

It involves some UnrealScript, and a special transition material I believe.

Comment

Working...
        X