hedge creation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hedge creation?

Ok does anyone know how about going about this? In 3ds Max I would need a leef but in UDK I'm not really sure how I would got about it. I presume it has something to do with oppaccity mapping but I'm not sure what else I would need to do to scatter it.

So does anyone have any idea's? all I have at the moment is that the texture would like repeating texture aka side by side instead of scattered and the Opacity doesn't seem to be working either.

Comment

So anyone got a clue about this? I can only seem to be able to put leaves on each side. which make them look like plants in mid air instead of being over-run around a mesh or bsp.

Comment

this really is more of a modeling question.
        i would not try to make hedges with bsp.

search around for foliage modeling tutorials for the modeling program of your choice.

Polycount wiki is a good place:
        wiki.polycount.com/CategoryEnvironmentFoliage

Vig has a quick runthrough of how he made shaped hedges for the past unearthly challenge.
        www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67620

this method of using particles to cover a surface as well would be useful to cover a complex modeled shape with leaves, for instance an animal topiary.
        http://www.andyzibits.com/tut_partic...eneration.html

Comment

Thanks for the links but doesn't it mean I be force to UVW map the whole thing? Also I was looking at Bsp but didn't a way to spread leaves across.

I'm also concerned about texturing it too since I grabbed some textures from the real world to help build realistic textures, not really sure how to go about creating a endless tiles for it. It's doesn't seem to be as easy to make tileless textures with some like floors, etc...

Comment

Working...
          X