Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I make a mesh that one team can walk through while another cannot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I make a mesh that one team can walk through while another cannot?

Just like in Monday Night Combat, how do I make a wall that one team can go through while another cannot?

Have you tried useing kismet to script a blocking volume with bools to allow only a certain team in?
    Team13

Comment

Originally posted by Team13 View Post
      Have you tried useing kismet to script a blocking volume with bools to allow only a certain team in?
      Team13
      I have not, I guess I'll try it out and report the results!

Comment

Well I played around with it and couldn't seem to get it to work, now this is my first time ever using kismet so I have no idea what I am doing, do you know of any tutorials that teach about 1-Way Walls?

Comment

So I played with it a bit more, but with no luck, sadly. Here is what I did and I need help with trying to get it to work:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2961133...in/photostream

Any suggestions?

Comment

If you use the same block volume for check and block, probably the player block the volume after to go through, not before.

Anyway I not sure you can doit using kismet.

Comment

I'm not all to sure what you are suggesting I ought to do. Are you saying I ought to switch the event for when the player touches the wall and the action that change the collision type?

Comment

Try to use two volumes with space between them. One for check and one for block.
                buy I still thinking you need use script no kismet.
                ....sorry if my english isn't good.

Comment

Oh it's alright, but yeah I'm thinking it would be a script thing, which would run when you collide with the check volume that would check what team the player is on, and would let them pass through if they are on team 0, and keep them out if they are on team 1.

Comment

Mission accomplished!!!

I found a work around, I'll just use triggers that will kill you if you are on the enemy team, but let you go if not.

Comment

Working...
                    X