Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    No Problem.

I set the matinee sequence up so it has three distinct sections. Each section lasts 1.5 seconds and does the switching of the boxes.

When switch 1 is fired, I forcestartpos to 0. I delay 1.5 seconds and then stop the animation. When switch 2 is fired, I forcestartpos to 1.5 and again delay 1.5 seconds to stop the animation. This can be looped indefinitely (For how many ever shelves you may have).

The number of 1.5 seconds has no meaning, just the length of each animation. You have to match the length of the animation playing in matinee and make sure you use the correct delay to stop it. (This is if you are using different times for each animation being played.)

The other point to note is the Trigger Volume MUST be set to higher than the delay, otherwise you will get unexpected results (Such as the animation playing incorrectly). this is why it is set to 2.0, to ensure the player cannot bug out the system.

If something arises with this again, let me know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...oggybread.png/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...admatinee.jpg/

The matinee and kismet for those who were interested
    Team13

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome it works!
    Thanks so much Soggy, though could you explain how it works?

I'm pretty sure I get it about how it sets the force start position with the floats. So a new sequence starts at 0, 1.5, 3.0. Though I could be way off here

Thanks so much
    Team13

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Problem Solved?

Hey.

Had a go at your problem, I reckon I have got it solved for you.

I only used one matinee sequence in combination with a switch and utilising ForceStartPosition.

http://www.2shared.com/file/YY3kP6pQ...vingShelf.html

*Ignore the errors it spits out, I downloaded it and it works fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ambershee View Post
    Woefully, when I tried to do something similar, I had to use two matinee sequences to get around the whole not looping back thing. If you can't use more than three, you're probably a bit boned. This kind of sounds like a time to get a bit of script involved instead anyway.
    Yeah that sounds about right. It was only a test/concept anyway. I could just copy the matinee sequences a few times more.

Thanks for the help everyone
    Team13

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Woefully, when I tried to do something similar, I had to use two matinee sequences to get around the whole not looping back thing. If you can't use more than three, you're probably a bit boned. This kind of sounds like a time to get a bit of script involved instead anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by taz1004 View Post
    Why is the completed of the 3rd sequence linked back to in of the switch?
    I was testing out different things at that point. Obviously at that time it didn't work
    Any other ideas?
    Would I just have to copy the matinee sequences a few times and increase the link count? Or is their a way to reset the matinee's when all three are done?
    Thanks for the help so far guys
    Team13

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why is the completed of the 3rd sequence linked back to in of the switch?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by crimson.cosmos View Post
    Hey!

Did you change the trigger count as well? Might be obvious, but I thought I'd ask.

cc
    Yeah I did There's no problem asking, You never know when you might forget it

Also I did a bit more testing before school today and found out that regardless whether I have 20 links on the switch node or just 3 it would never go past three matinee sequences. Is there a way in kismet to reset the matinee's after the sequence is over?

Thanks
    Team13

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey!

Did you change the trigger count as well? Might be obvious, but I thought I'd ask.

cc

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the help

I fixed the first problem with a switch node, I had completely forgotten about that For the second problem here's my kismet sequence:
    http://img585.imageshack.us/i/revolv...kismetseq.png/

Team13

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Team13 View Post
    The only thing I'm having problems with is setting up a trigger so when you use the switch, everything moves around one spot and stops until you hit the switch again.
    Originally posted by Team13 View Post
    The only problem is that it doesn't loop back to the start when its finished even though I've checked the looping box in its propertities.
    Which is the problem? The first one is really easy. For the second one, I would have to see a pic of your kismet tree.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Revolving Storage/Shelf System

Revolving Storage/Shelf System

http://img339.imageshack.us/i/revolv...gesystemu.jpg/

I'm attempting to make a revolving storage system as shown above, what I plan to happen is that when you hit a switch each tray will take the place of the one ahead.

I’ve set up the three separate matinee sequences so they can take each other’s place. The only thing I'm having problems with is setting up a trigger so when you use the switch, everything moves around one spot and stops until you hit the switch again.

At the moment I've set up a switch so it revolves through the three matinee sequences. The only problem is that it doesn't loop back to the start when its finished even though I've checked the looping box in its propertities.
    Thanks for the help
    Team13
Working...
X