Shadow falloff problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow falloff problem

Ok, i'm having this problem, when i go back i can't see shadows but instead a brighter color.
    Like this:

Can somebody help me please ?

That seems quite odd. I cannot think of what would cause that.

Just to get this out of the way, try:

1. Increasing the resolution of the lightmap for the static mesh.

2. Increasing the build quality of the lighting when you build it. It is usually set to "preview."

3. Check what happens when you make the light in your scene dynamic. (Move the light around and see what happens- if it still happens, then the problem is not with lights, but with the mesh itself)

Comment

whoops browser error

Comment

The problem is not related only to just one mesh but all of them, isn't there a setting to tweak the shadows range or something like that ? because when i'm close i have no prolems

Comment

Solved

Solved. I had to tweak an option into the movable directional light ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Marcomaryred View Post
            Solved. I had to tweak an option into the movable directional light ^^
            What option was that?

cc

Comment

I would really like to know that too, running into something similar here.

Comment

I would guess "Whole Scene Dynamic Shadow Radius".

Comment

Isnt that only for dynamic shadows though? The issue lies with lightmaps.

Comment

Originally posted by hunharibo View Post
                    Isnt that only for dynamic shadows though? The issue lies with lightmaps.
                    He said he had to tweak a setting in MOVABLE directional light. It's dynamic.

Comment

Working...
                    X