falling through floor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

falling through floor problem

so i imported a floor mesh, its just a plane, but i want to be able to walk on it. but when i do i fall right through. i figured it was because i didn't have a collision object on it so i made an automatic one through the static mesh editor, but when i try to play the level the player doesn't stand but instead just falls over and i can't move. I also tried making a collision object in maya but that doesn't work either. as a hack i made a bsp object right beneath it so i could actually stand on it, but when i build all an error shows up saying "No importance volume found - lighting build will take a long time." I'm guessing its the bsp, but i don't know any other way to fix the floor problem. any ideas?

Yes, do you adding add actor---> playerstart to you level (by rightclicking at you level and just add actor)? Try to position it above the floor. Do you using your own player (from maya) or UDK's own? If you use ur own u can just change the pisition of the Z-angle of the mesh (worked for me with -80).

Comment

right click on the box brush builder, create the brush size you would like, and position it like one unit under the plane, right click on the volume creator and make a blocking volume that should work I think.

If you make another small box, and add the importance volume under volumes again, that will create one of those, I make a small one that doesnt effect anything early on just for the lighting build speed up factor.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Bah_Mee View Post
        right click on the box brush builder, create the brush size you would like, and position it like one unit under the plane, right click on the volume creator and make a blocking volume that should work I think.

If you make another small box, and add the importance volume under volumes again, that will create one of those, I make a small one that doesnt effect anything early on just for the lighting build speed up factor.

Brian
        YES! that did it thanks alot. The blocking volume worked. unfortunately i'm still getting that "no importance volume found..." but that definitely solved the floor issue i was having. so i guess it wasn't the bsp that was causing it. if anyone else has an idea of what that is i'd appreciate your help. thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by natpen1 View Post
          YES! that did it thanks alot. The blocking volume worked. unfortunately i'm still getting that "no importance volume found..." but that definitely solved the floor issue i was having. so i guess it wasn't the bsp that was causing it. if anyone else has an idea of what that is i'd appreciate your help. thanks again.
          Using the brush tool try to cover your entire level or if it's an indoor cover the whole room with the brush toll. Then right click volume on the left panel and add light importance volume. I guessed this is very important for you to know beside the error. It basically bounces the light like in real life and make the game more realistic.

Comment

Working...
          X