Beach Sand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beach Sand

Working on making some beach sand (the kind you would drive an atv-with spoon-tires on) and have been trying a few approaches, problem is keeping the poly down. I need to basically have a no-collision up to about calve-high, for it to be somewhat realistic. I have had great success in making the rolling look I need, but there has to be a better way than to copy-paste the terrain, lower it and then no-collide the top. It gives the look, but is super high poly.

Is there a way to select how much an the think will clip? I don't want to have to modify the collision permanently, so perhaps in kismet or a level-specific modification? I need the character to clip into the ground to give the illusion of stepping in really soft sand. Again, I would prefer no u-script for this, as to keep it level-specific and in kismet where I can keep an eye on it if it must be entered else-ways.

sand in general works too, like desert/dunes, all same concept. I need to know how to modify terrain collision to allow clipping up to a degree.

Comment

Anything? Particles?

There must be a way to give this. I'm going to try some things, like the kismet-fog tutorial only with brown coloring, maybe this can give an illusion.

Comment

Working...
      X