Sky_camera-like possibilities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky_camera-like possibilities?

On SDK/Hammer you can use an entity called sky_camera, you place it in its own skybox (or in the leve) and it applies a x16 360 view of whatever it sees.

What I need to know, is, is there a way to basically reflect the map minus the player or something along the lines of making a map seem to go on for miles?

I want to make a desert, on SDK I would just make the desert then in a skybox make a scaled down version it. It would look like the map goes on an on but the reality is that it is just an effect. Any idea how to make this poly-conserving illusion?

Not quite sure what you mean. Could you show us a pic?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObtDnPlX30I

Here is an example of what they do, they basically fake the size.

Comment

im not sure, but would making a cameraactors field of view 360 achieve this affect? and then render the texture to target texture?

Comment

Why would you want a setup like that? Just make a plane, apply a material to it and then scale the plane so that it's huge. Then you have your huge desert.

Comment

^ That's pretty much how it is done in UE3 - there's an infinite draw distance, so skybox style techniques are dropped in favour of using actual geometry with shaders.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
              ^ That's pretty much how it is done in UE3 - there's an infinite draw distance, so skybox style techniques are dropped in favour of using actual geometry with shaders.
              Alright, i'll go with that then. thanks for advice.

Comment

Working...
              X