Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewind and Forward

Hello,

I am new to the forums and to the UDK generally, though I am now up and running with the 'basics' after viewing several tutorials. I have created a box room environment with some bots to engage in a deathmatch scenario. However, I would like to achieve the following:

I want to create a feature that allows the player to rewind time in the game (a single player game). For example, after a deathmatch is over, I would like to give the player the opportunity of watching the deathmatch as though it were a movie; being able to rewind, pause and foward the deathmatch and being able to watch the actions of any actor in the scene, whether the player or the enemies.

Can anybody help me regarding this? Any suggestions on how I could achieve this using Kismet or Unrealscript?

Thank you in advance.

Cool idea mate. They use the same kind of system in the modern versions of Prince of Persia, where if you fall into a pit, and theirs a spike going through your head, you can just hit the rewind bottun, provided you have enough time-sand.

I think this is more of programming question though, because this sounds WAY too complex to be able to achieve in Kismet. You'll need to do some unrealscript. The reason I gave up with UDK before, was because practically everything cool, needed to be made with Uscript, which is the reason Im only concentrating on learning Usript this time around. I cam go back to level designing (which im good at) once I can make a simple game with Uscript to put my levels into!

Comment

Yeah that would be awsome but I am pretty sure you would have to unrealscript it.

Comment

Working...
      X