Pixelation in Image based reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pixelation in Image based reflections

I'm having some trouble wiith my image-based reflections. The main problems are with Image Reflection Shadowing, and the image reflection specular from lights. Here are some shots of what I'm experiencing:

For some reason, every time I enable Image Reflection Spec on my lights, the resulting reflection is hideously distorted. I've tried applying different materials with varying levels of complexity, and they all have the same problem. It seems to be doing it with every light, regardless of the specular brightness. Why is this happening?

I've enabled Image Reflection Shadowing in World Info, but i've been having some problems with precision. Whenever I have a large building, the reflection shadowing seems to work well enough, but it falls apart whenever i have thinner walls or static meshes. I find some totally fail to occlude reflections and some strangely offset. Can I change the resolution of the image reflections or do I have to change my structures to accomodate this?

Thanks so much if you can help.

Have you built your lighting?

Comment

Yeah, I've tried rebuilding a number of times and I'm still getting this result. I'm trying to create a cinematic using mostly dynamic lighting to take advantage of the new deferred shading. However, I've tried it both ways (static and dynamic lighting, alternatively), and I seem to be suffering similar artifacts no matter what.

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem. Anyone know the solution?

Comment

Working...
        X