Hey Epic, make edge selection easier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Epic, make edge selection easier?

I'm always having hard times clicking BSP brush edges while in Geometry Mode. I click the faces over and over until finally the cursor finally accepts the edge selection. This is a pain. Please, if you will, add some sort of Geometry Mode selection tool where you can limit what can be selected and what can't be. If there is easier ways to select edges using the Perspective Viewport, then please share your strategies.

I agree , I sometimes select them when I don't want to, but when I do, it doesn't work

Comment

A circle selection tool might be handy indeed. Though you actually don't work that often with BSP in games that it's really needed. Most is StaticMeshes after all. And Volumes are also a process that is done probably just once in the end of the mapping phase.

Comment

The April Beta claims to have made this easier but I can't tell the difference; it's still more difficult than it needs to be. Is there a trick to it?

Comment

the trick i found is to zoom a lot to the edge and then the selection became more easy

Comment

Originally posted by amigoface View Post
            the trick i found is to zoom a lot to the edge and then the selection became more easy
            That's not what I'm experiencing. Regardless of how much I zoom in, it takes 3-5 clicks on average to select the edge I want. Sometimes, due to impatience, I'm clicking too fast and accidentally select an adjacent face and have to start all over again.

Comment

This was supposed to be improved in the April UDK release. Are you guys noticing it being easier?

Comment

Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
                This was supposed to be improved in the April UDK release. Are you guys noticing it being easier?
                Refer to my first post - no.

Comment

I'm kind of curious how it was improved? I know I have a few other glitches with BSP editing (undo/redo simply don't work, for example), so perhaps I'm just not getting the improvements, but edge selection doesn't seem any easier than it did in the March release for me. I was excited to read it was made easier, thinking perhaps a percentage of the polygon would be made clickable for the nearest edge or something. For me, zooming in doesn't seem to help, you still have to be pixel perfect, and even then, it almost seems like you have to get the /right/ pixel, not just any that has the edge's line through it... pretty awkward. All in all, it's not /that/ important, after all, we're told over and over to use BSP as little as possible, but if the tool's going to be there, it ought to be usable.

Comment

Working...
                  X