Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pawn pushing KAsset/Cloth?

Hi,
    I am trying to add some interactive elements into my levels so I want to add some objects that would react to player moving around. I've got a chain mesh set up complete with physics asset, it works ok when I put another rigid body (KActor) in its way, it wraps around it nicely but my pawn is able to walk through it with no problems. With some fiddling I was able to make it to block my pawn (so it stops) but that's not really what I want :\ Anyone here solved similar problem?

I looked up pawn-cloth collision on these forums too with no real success, guess the settings might be similar...

Thanks for any answers.

Bump...
    I found a quote of one Epic developer on this forum saying than one can have rigid body collision active on a pawn along with the collision cylinder. I tried to enable all kinds of collision for my pawn's skeletal mesh (with physics asset), set a RB channel and also set the bAlwaysCheckCollision to true but with no success. Any advices?

Comment

Uff so after more than a week I finally managed to get both things (KAsset and Cloth vs. pawn collision) working by the famous trial and error method. I am not yet sure how exactly I managed to do it as I did change MANY options on both the assets and pawn skeletal mesh.

Once I clean the thing a bit I can make a tutorial about this if anyone is interested...

Comment

I would be very interested in seeing how you got the player to affect the cloth, so yes please!

Comment

Set the physics asset in your pawn's skeletal mesh component. In Collision, tick "Cloth" in the RBCollide With Channels array, and that should do the trick.

I've actually got the content prepared for this already and I just need to write up the Development Kit Gem for this at some stage.

Comment

Sorry for bumping this thread!! I hope someone can help me with a problem concerning Physic Assets! I have built a swing and trying to get it to be awake in game. I've added it as a skeletal mesh and in the F4 properties I have set the physics asset! I've set another few things which makes the collision work when the pawn walks into it.. However I am not able to move the swing..

I also tried adding it as a Kasset and managed to get it working but only when the player shoots it..

Thanks for your help..

Comment

Working...
            X