Importing multiple meshes from the content browser into the scene at once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Combining meshes as in grouping in UDK should help and by any means they are still a separate meshes so the UV won't be combined.

Just saying

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And just as a tip, what I do currently is to set grid snap the largest grid, zoom in close to the origin, and just drag and drop individually from content browser. 2000 mesh would take about 30 minutes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, these guys are basically saying that currently is not possible. But I would love that feature in the future builds. FBX bulk importing has made importing mesh into content browser a lot quicker. But still having to place individual mesh into the level one at a time is a chore.

You can't always group mesh into bigger parts as that means combining UV. And I usually model every mesh in place in Maya and import everything to origin in UDK. This aligns everything perfectly without having to position individual mesh. But still a chore dragging and dropping each mesh at the origin from content browser.

Again, just wanted to add this to the wish list.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by carl1980 View Post
    I hate to bump but I have more than 2000 meshes sitting in my content browser to import. there MUST be a simple way to do this
    Group them into bigger parts?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's how it is inst it? U don't want to tell the computer to move the table and chairs at the specific location w/o u telling it to move it in a certain place right?

To save time you can always group the meshes and to align the meshes with the floor you can always use the grid tool

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I hate to bump but I have more than 2000 meshes sitting in my content browser to import. there MUST be a simple way to do this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was just going to ask the same question. I have the EXACT problem. I would appreciate if someone replies.

Leave a comment:

• Importing multiple meshes from the content browser into the scene at once

Hi,

For my project I am importing numerous static meshes from the content browser into the scene.
    At the moment I am importing the meshes one by one and then changing the movement properties to 0 so that they are in the correct place.
    However, the problem is I am using hundreds of static meshes so this is very time consuming dragging each mesh into the scene individually.
    Is there a way of importing meshes from the UDK browser into the scene all at once and so they keep the correct coordinates I gave them in when exporting from 3ds max.

Hopefully someone knows of a way this can be done as it would save me a lot of time and stress
Working...
X