Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View Collisions in Viewport

Hi Guys,

In my level I have built when I play it there is an invisible wall that runs straight through more or less the middle of my level and the whole way up..
    My level is circular shape so I cannot get from one side to the other without respawning my position to the other side.

I am not sure what this is but guessing a collision mesh of some sort may accidently imported by me. I was wondering if there was a way to view all the collisions present in the viewports of UDK so I can determine which is the unknown one and remove it.
    Or maybe it is something else?

Look forward to hearing feedback!
    Thanks for your time!

Press C to view mesh collision and O to view volumes, your problem could be a blocking volume or runaway mesh collision. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for your quick response.
      You are spot on, I think it is a runaway mesh collision, as there are two collisions quite high off the ground that run parallel off into the distance. I belive these cut the whole level down the middle.
      However, I cannot quite see what they are connected to as appear just to run through the level. Is there anyway of selecting collisions to understand what static mesh they belong to at all?

Thanks again for your help in the matter, much appreciated!

Comment

you can view mesh collision in the static mesh editor, it's a button on the top. I would open all of the meshes that you're using and view their collision then generate new collision for the one that's broken.

Comment

Ok that should work however, for this project I am building most of the level in 3ds max and importing it part by part to UDK.. this means I have hundreds of static meshes so not sure if this would be feasible..
          May be the only way but just asking in case there is any other way in determining what actor is causing this collision problem

thanks

Comment

Managed to sort it!!
            I just ended up deleting each static mesh one by one until I found the culprit!
            Thanks for your help HellClown!

Comment

If you have a mesh that isn't closed it wont work for collision, the engine doesn't like that for some reason.

Comment

Working...
              X