Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DX11 Depth of Field weirdness

Hey guys!

Sorry if this isn't the place to post, but its sort of level related...

I just bought a new DX11 videocard (GTX480) and I wanted to see how it will run the Night and Day map, so I enabled DX11 rendering in the DefaultEngineUDK.ini and changed the res to 1920x1080. Load the map and everything looks gorgeous and actually runs smooth which was impressive. The one problem though is that where in the video the DOF was a really nice blurred out background, on my comp its actually got a sort of grainy wash over everything in the background but its not blurring.

Anyone know why this might be happening? Maybe I need to enable DOF blur in the ini?

I think thats the film grain effect but I could be wrong.

Comment

Yeah, that's the film grain

Besides that, I don't know if DOF has a specific setting to use DX11, in which case the DOF in that map wouldn't be set to it.

Comment

Yeah, there's a bug (at least with the latest Q&A build) which adds film grain to the post process chain unless you set film grain to 0, irrelevant of whether or not you have it ticked to be active.

Comment

Also as darthviper said, that map does not use the same DOF seen with the Dx11 samaritan demo, you have to adjust the post process chain to change the DOF on that map from reference to bokeh.

Comment

I understand that its a film grain effect but in the original video there's DEFINITELY a DOF blur layered on top.... they highlight it as one of the features... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGf0o...layer_embedded

30 seconds in you see the flower that's in focus and everything in the background has a nice blurred look to it - IE Depth of Field... but in game like I said, its a film grain effect instead of the blur... I don't know if this is just on my end or it happens to everyone. Anyone else have a DX 11 card they can test it with?

Comment

Well, I have to say, it does look blurred to me =/

Comment

Originally posted by TorQueMoD View Post
                I understand that its a film grain effect but in the original video there's DEFINITELY a DOF blur layered on top.... they highlight it as one of the features... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGf0o...layer_embedded

30 seconds in you see the flower that's in focus and everything in the background has a nice blurred look to it - IE Depth of Field... but in game like I said, its a film grain effect instead of the blur... I don't know if this is just on my end or it happens to everyone. Anyone else have a DX 11 card they can test it with?
                Your shot is using DOF it's clearly visible, you just have to edit the post process chain its using to disable the image grain. Also as I said before just above your post, that map does NOT use the dx11 DOF seen in the samaritan demo, it's entirely different. If you edit the post process chain you will see it's using reference DOF instead of bokeh.

Comment

Working...
                X