No Light Volume Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Light Volume Option

I can't find the Use Volumes check box or the inclusion volumes property in the Point Light options. I have created a Light Volume and want to add it to the point light as an inclusion volume. I have the July 2010 UDK version as it is the one we use at uni, but I am pretty sure the 3D buzz tutorial I am following was made before this. The problem I have is a red point light in one room is shining through my static mesh door into another room.

You should be able to make the door cast shadows so the light doesn't shine through... or you might be able to use LightingChannels and manually specify what the red light should be affecting?

Comment

been following the same tutorials as well as the ones from Eat3D, would like to know the new equivalent of the inclusion and exclusion volumes as well if someone can point in the right direction.

thanks.

Comment

That functionality has been removed. You can still use lighting channels to control which meshes are affected by which lights, or just use localized lights like point or spot types.

Comment

Thank you, I will play around with these some more this evening and try to figure out what I am doing wrong.
          By using the light channels I can get what I am trying for with a dominant directional light, however as soon as I add light shafts to the light they shine through the BSP brush walls. I am sure there is something simple that I am missing, so I will play around with it some now that I now to stop trying to go the other route.
          One more question, if you don't mind, with the inclusion/exclusion volumes removed, what does the light volume do now?
          thank you

Comment

I really wish that they didn't remove the light volumes. Seemed to be an extremely useful feature.

Comment

It was pretty damned handy to avoid unwanted light bleeding. IMHO, they should really be reimplemented.

Comment

Working...
              X