Particle Beam Fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Particle Beam Fence

I'm trying to create a wall of lazers that will chase the player along a corridoor and to do this I decided to use the "P_WP_Linkgun_AltBeam_Red"

When I drop it in the editor instead of dropping a length of the beam it creates a long beam between the dropped particle actor and the editors origin point.

Can anyone tell me how to control the particle and where and how long its beam stretches to.

It's because it's a weapon beam and has various coordinates set in script. It's not intended for use in a level.

Comment

An easy way, would be create a particle beam, put a few of them in the hallway. As the player enters the hallway, have them trip a trigger, that fires off a movement track in matinee, for the damage to the player, setup a trigger volume, and on touch do damage to the player. Move this along with the particle beams, and you'll be good.

When they reach end of hallway leave them or have them move back to the start.

Comment

That was my intention, the problem was the creation of straight beams. I'm not too farmiliar with the particle system, was hoping for a simple drag n drop from an existing asset but non are suitable.

Comment

watch the videos from 3dbuzz that are free from this site. they will give you the basics you need to create your own particle. You can take that and use assets already in the engine to create an almost endless supply of particles.

When you do create it simply just keep the width of it tight for the life of the particle and have them all end at the same time, no range. Should get you a pretty decent looking beam.

Comment

You should be able to copy the link gun beam effect and just modify the Source and Target modules to get something that will work when placed in a level. Without looking at it I can't tell you exactly what needs to be altered, but I think you want to use the UserSet method for each and then adjust the locations.

Comment

you could use the Weapon Locker particle beam, last I check it worked fine.

Comment

Working...
              X