Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teleportation

Hi All,

I'm wondering if its possible to add delay in teleportation.
    What i'm trying to do is, if the player is in contact with a platfom, it will wait for a few secs/mins before being teleported.

Thank you.

don't know if it can be done, what you can do is adding an empty sound file of a few seconds between a trigger volume and a teleport in the unreal kismet.
    Link the trigger Volume to a Play sound, and then link the a Teleport to the finished block of the Play Sound.

It's a Bit cheap but it will work I guess.

Comment

You can add a trigger volume which connects to a delay function. The delay function then connects to a teleport function. You then connect the touched to the delay's start and the untouched to the delays stop.

This starts the counter when the player gets on the platform and teleports them after the delay is completed, but if the player leaves the platform, the untouched node fires and stops the delay.

Comment

trigger

There is a problem with my trigger. It is invisible, even after i unchecked the hidden properties. Pls help.

Comment

Originally posted by unelmaa View Post
          There is a problem with my trigger. It is invisible, even after i unchecked the hidden properties. Pls help.
          I downloaded the new version and the trigger appears.

Comment

Originally posted by Piranhi View Post
            You can add a trigger volume which connects to a delay function. The delay function then connects to a teleport function. You then connect the touched to the delay's start and the untouched to the delays stop.

This starts the counter when the player gets on the platform and teleports them after the delay is completed, but if the player leaves the platform, the untouched node fires and stops the delay.
            I connected the trigger to the teleport but it does not work. Is there something missing?

Comment

Working...
            X