Level Reset Upon Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level Reset Upon Death

I'm sure it's here, I highly doubt it isn't. Please believe me when I say I have looked. It would not surprise me if I missed it. I tried any forum search I could think of, and Google. Anything I did find that brushed the topic, I did not wish to rez, though this is a habit from other forums, even though I did not see one from Epic Games' rules.

Now that that is out of the way:

Hello there! I have recently started using UDK. I really love it and it has given me a passion in something I like to normally just play. It's fun to see some of the behind the scenes stuff involved, and even get to screw around with stuff and learn. I started following the tutorial and I have reached the phase of blowing the player up. That part was a success, with a good laugh involved.

I like the idea so much, I'd like to turn it into something in a later production when I feel more confident. However, I can't seem to get the level to reset. The tutorial used Kismet to build a remote lock that went through a toggle, which turned off the doors ability to open. I have tried setting "PlayerSpawn" to the on button, attaching every combination of "LevelLoaded" with it, and really the only idea I have left is try in my mind is copying my entire door sequence over, which seems a bit extreme.

Just to inform you all, I have no scripting knowledge, so I ask you to not respond with script answers unless you mind doing a step by step walk through with it.

If there is anything further I can do to help explain my situation, please let me know and I will do my best to help with that.

td;lr- Player explodes, door trigger doesn't reset

Thank you for anyone who can help

I'd presume you doing the 3D Buzz tutorials
    Using your working knowledge of kismet, you should be able to use bools to unlock your door

As for restarting the level you should try a kismet sequence is alive? Or death And by using bools to load a console command to load your level.

Now by restarting your level you don't need a sequence to unlock the door, since it would be unlocked anyway when the level restarts.
    Hope this helps
    Team13

Comment

Working...
    X