Worried???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worried???

I had make my whole level in 3Ds Max, but I don't know before making level in 3Ds Max that I can import it now I make full fledge Level so now please guide me what I do now I cant make now again in UDK and please guide me proper how I can import now with ASE its not possible .

Any help or guide will be appreciated

Originally posted by yaziii View Post
    I had make my whole level in 3Ds Max, but I don't know before making level in 3Ds Max that I can import it now I make full fledge Level so now please guide me what I do now I cant make now again in UDK and please guide me proper how I can import now with ASE its not possible .

Any help or guide will be appreciated
    Slice it up into 1024 - 2048^3 chunks (depending on your level type) inside 3ds max, name each piece and set the origins to 0,0,0 and export them all as seperate objects. You can then import them into the UDK and either use per-poly collision (if your map is just world stuff and not detail geometry which you should just export seperately and detach from chunks) or set up collisions in max and reexport. This is what Epic did with Epic Citadel.

Comment

dear Legent dnt mind if you can send me any link or videos or any tutorials for this guide in more detail please dnt mind

Comment

3ds max
        select all
        click hierarchy tab
        click affect pivot only
        right click the move button (at the top, arrows in a cross)
        type 0 into x, y and z
        export the whole scene as fbx

udk
        import the fbx
        drag all the meshs onto your map
        right click a mesh, select > all static mesh actors
        press f4 to open properties
        click movement > location
        type 0 into x, y and z

Comment

wow great TEGLEG you are always on my way to help thanks alot

Comment