Dynamic Lighting Effects Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'll look into that. Thanks alot for the help :-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So you want the spotlight to stay in a fixed position and only modify it's rotation? You can modify an actors properties using Actor->Set Position (or something like that, not entirly sure). You can leave the position at the same spot and modify it's orientation using a vector. You'll need to calculate the vector everytime you want to use the light, but that should be easy to achieve using your ordinary highschool knowledge of trigonometry and vectors. If you're not entirely sure on how to calculate the vector, give google a try.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah I had a look at that, but surely that would attatch the actual light source to the player? What I would like is for the light source itself to stay where it is, but the light rays are being cast towards wherever the player is located... If that makes sense?

Sorry, re-reading the first post I can understand why you thought I meant that. I wasn't very clear with the issue.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you try using the attach to actor?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Dynamic Lighting Effects Help

Dynamic Lighting Effects Help

Hi

I am reasonably new to UDK. I am trying create a game where there is a spotlight that follows the player throughout a section of a level. I have managed to create a movable spotlight and then put a trigger round it as large as the area I want the player to be followed by it. However I am now a bit stuck as to how to create the motion using Kismet. I know how to make the light move when the player enters the trigger, however I can't get it to move to focus on the position of the player.

Any help is much appreciated!

Xo
Working...
X