Controlling the Builder Brush.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling the Builder Brush.

I've seen people do it in videos, but am not figuring out how to do it. Also, don't seem to know what to Google, so I am at a loss.

If I make a selection, around some objects or of an old Brush in 'Brush Wireframe View'; what do I press to make my Builder Brush conform to the selection size and position?

If you know of any other hotkeys to help me master this Builder Brush that would be great too. It is my least favorite thing about UDK.

If you want to alter your builder brush shape / size, etc you will want to go into geometry mode.

From there you can make just about any shape you want with the builder brush.

I suggest you look through the 3dbuzz videos. For googling start out with UDK <insert your question> it will find what you are looking for.

Comment

This isn't quite what I am after. I have seen people select an older brush (like a wall or something they know they want to get the dimensions of, or even a bunch of props), and with a shortcut their Builder Brush goes from being small to totally encompassing it, being THAT size. This is super useful, but I can't seem to figure out how it's done. It saves a ton of time instead of pushing and pulling sides of the box/brush in Geometry mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Incomitatum View Post
        This isn't quite what I am after. I have seen people select an older brush (like a wall or something they know they want to get the dimensions of, or even a bunch of props), and with a shortcut their Builder Brush goes from being small to totally encompassing it, being THAT size. This is super useful, but I can't seem to figure out how it's done. It saves a ton of time instead of pushing and pulling sides of the box/brush in Geometry mode.
        The tool your looking for is
        Ctrl P
        The builder brush will instantly resize to the selected brush. Very useful tool
        Hope this helps
        Team13

Comment

SUPER useful. Thank you. I have scoured the pages of hotkeys not finding what I was looking for, this makes things tons more efficient.

Comment

Working...
          X