Speedtree Import Mesh Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedtree Import Mesh Problem

Hi everyone i tried posting this in support but i got nothing. So if anyone has a solution to this mess it will be very help full.

I used speedtree to create vines and using the mesh as a force attract to get the vines to stick to it. when i brought it into UDK this is what happened.

Thanks in advance

you have to specify the materials for the tree in the editor (udk). The mesh itself doesn't self contain any data on materials/textures etc.

Raven goes over it all in his youtube tutorial
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnU1qK044xw

Comment

Originally posted by vizay View Post
      you have to specify the materials for the tree in the editor (udk). The mesh itself doesn't self contain any data on materials/textures etc.

Raven goes over it all in his youtube tutorial
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnU1qK044xw
      yeah i watched his videos and i know how to set up the materials, but i don't know why my meshes faces/polys are extruding inward.

Comment

ohh, now I see it, sorry about that! Was a bit hard to single that out without the textures against the untextured background.

Have you tried importing something else from ST, does it give the same result?
        I'm thinking something might be wrong with how the normals are set up, just a theory tho.

Comment

ok thanks. i will try that. i'll make a similar mesh and import it into unreal. i'll use ravens tutorials again.

Comment

Hey, so was the ever resolved? I'm having the same problem (I have three trees from ST, one works and two are like this).

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire043 View Post
              Hey, so was the ever resolved? I'm having the same problem (I have three trees from ST, one works and two are like this).
              No sorry, I couldn't figure it out and I even emailed UDKSpeedTree services and i got nothing. I stopped working 3d.
              I'm an FX artist now haha =D

But yeah, this might sucks but try to rebuild the mesh from scratch. Or use the same methods but on a small portion. Maybe it has to do with the workflow.

Comment

Working...
              X