Bots and Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bots and Doors

Alright... here's my problem, whenever a bot reaches the trigger point, and the door opens, they refuse to go through it, they just do an about-face and run back. How can I get it so that bots will reach the trigger, and go through a door when it opens, like a normal player would be doing?

So no one knows how to fix this frustrating problem???

Comment

I presume your using path nodes, path nodes allow the bot freedom to move where is most desirable to them, e.g they will prioritise pickups and vehicles. What you need to so is use a kismet ,move to actor, now you have to setup a few in-between one space since bots can get lost easily without navigation. Now since it's move to actor, you can use any actor you like. I prefer to use "Note" from the actors class menu.

Hope this helps
      Team13

Comment

When should this "move to actor" take place? After the door animation is complete? or as soon as they touch the trigger?
        Yes I am using path nodes.

Comment

You just need to tell it to build paths with the door open.

Go to your matinee and check "Interp for PathBuilding".

Open matinee and drag the black slider bar to the frame where the door is completely open. Go up to EDIT-Save as PathBuilding Positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitpawz View Post
            You just need to tell it to build paths with the door open.

Go to your matinee and check "Interp for PathBuilding".

Open matinee and drag the black slider bar to the frame where the door is completely open. Go up to EDIT-Save as PathBuilding Positions.
            If that doesn't work check your trigger_touch to make sure the a proximity doesn't have an ignore class in it. Might help to add bot to the approved list if your still having problems.

Comment

Thanks, guys... you really helped me out :-D

Comment

okay what about them using the door for not touch, but Use? i unchecked player only hoping that it would fix it... not luck... any ideas?

Comment

I've never gotten the bots to activate a use trigger, only touch.

Comment

Originally posted by dualdiablos View Post
                    okay what about them using the door for not touch, but Use? i unchecked player only hoping that it would fix it... not luck... any ideas?
                    Only thing I can think of is to write a custom bot class and try to program it in.
                    To fake it though, you could put two triggers down, one the bot uses via touch and the other the player has to "use" to activate. That would be about the only thing I can think of to make it appear that way. Without coding a new bot AI.

Comment

yeah that sounds good.
                      thanks

Comment

is there a way that only bots can activate the touch only trigger, so that a player must use it, and not activate the touch?

Comment

Working...
                        X