• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Np. Well I was sort of on the right track
    Team13

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nevermind. fixed it. forgot to designate a collision component in the pawn's script
    "CollisionComponent=BlahBlah"

thanks anyways

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If it's happening with a custom pawn then you might be missing a line of code that interacts with terrain.E.G there was a thread earlier where a guys pawn wouldn't climb ladders, he realized he needed the line of code "bclimbladders=true (or whatever it was). No idea if I'm right or heading you in the right direction, just a theory.

Hope this helps
    Team13

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Terrain collision bug??

Terrain collision bug??

ok, after hours of trying to decipher this issue, ive come to the
    conclusion that it may be a glitch/bug in this udk release(november beta)
    and would like to clarify with you guys before having to move the entire game to a newer or possibly older beta.

This issue is this; a custom pawn falls through the terrain of the map, even when the terrain's collsion settings are default and the most vigorous collision settings possible (Collide_BlockAll!). even when i create a new map with simple 16x16 terrain it falls through. ive tried bumping up tesselations and the custom pawn's script (which is fine by the way). BUT! when i create a small hill/slope on a terrain, the pawn collides and walks on the hill just fine, except for when it reaches flat ground then falls through. can anyone shed some light on the situation or am i right about this being a bug? i just want to know before i waste time moving the game to another beta as ive stated previously..

Thanks,

-Mafiadude1
Working...
X