[HELP] Graphics issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[HELP] Graphics issue?

I have a... fairly major issue. I've searched around google, yahoo, bing, etc to no avail.
    I seem to have a graphics issue on certain games. Mainly 2 things, Dead Rising 2, and UDK.
    I played Dead Rising 2 and I saw red dots on everything like it was contagious (haha) but it was only in dead rising. I tried other computer games, Assassins Creed II, Empire Total War, BFBC 2, Bioshock 2, Just cause 2, and I use FPS Creator. I have no problems running these applications on high quality everything runs smoothly, but Dead Rising 2 and UDK I get red dots on things that seem to be shades. Like shade pixels failing or something. I wanted to know what I could do about it, (if anything) and/or what version of UDK would be more appropriate for my system.
    System info below, as well as screen shot.
    More screenshots will be posted on demand.

Code:
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 
    System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
           System Model: KY811AA-ABA e9120y

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 910 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
                 Memory: 8190MB RAM
              Page File: 3431MB used, 13119MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    ---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
            Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4350
         Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
            Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x954F)
             DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
           Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_954F&SUBSYS_16131462&REV_00
       Display Memory: 3315 MB
     Dedicated Memory: 504 MB
        Shared Memory: 2811 MB
         Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
              Monitor: HP w2338h Wide LCD Monitor

DDraw Status: Enabled
           D3D Status: Enabled
           AGP Status: Enabled

bump
    and as you can see here, its mainly a shading problem
    a map with sufficient light doesnt produce red dots. only in areas where theres shading

Comment

I have a Radeon 4670 and don't have any graphics problems. Maybe you just need a better model of card. Is your GPU on the motherboard or is it a separate card? Usually on-board video isn't very good.

Comment

This is a known issue with some ATI drivers. There isn't really much to do about it other than try different drivers or get a new card.

Comment

This actually looks a little bit like your graphics card is unfortunately coming to the end of its life.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
            This actually looks a little bit like your graphics card is unfortunately coming to the end of its life.
            Agreed. You may want to replace it before it "blows up" while your pc is running.
            Team13

Comment

Thanks for all the helpful info.
              Im not sure if its onboard actually, i havent opened my PC to check.
              Im gonna look into buying a new ATI, granted my motherboard supports it

Comment

Given my information above, could you guys suggest a compatible graphics card?
                I'd really appreciate it.
                Using newegg, i found some graphics cards but i dont know if theyre compatible.

Comment

Anything that's not 5 years old really.

Comment

You should go for a high number in either the Radeon 4000 series or 5000 series. The best 5000 series would be beastly. The 6000 series is available, but they're not actually better than the 5000. They're not worse, either, so just go for the best price (which will probably be the best of the 5000 vs best of 6000). Don't forget to read user reviews for the cards when choosing the best one. You can't always trust the ratings, though.

Comment

Working with UE3, Nvidia setups tend to be more reliable driver-wise.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys.

one thing about Nvidia, i wonder if its compatible with my motherboard.

Comment

Working...
                        X